Contact Government by Topic

Find contact information for government programs, listed by topic.


Back to Top

Children and Education

Back to Top

Consumer Products and Safety

Back to Top

Fraud, Law Enforcement, and Crime

Back to Top

Government Officials

Congressional contacts:

Federal contacts:

State and local contacts:

  • Governors – Find email, telephone, and postal contact information by clicking on your state governor's website.
  • Local Governments – Locate websites for the cities, counties, towns, and local communities in your state.

Judicial contacts:

  • Federal Courts – Learn about the work of the federal courts in assigning jury duty, ruling on important cases, and overseeing naturalization ceremonies.
  • Supreme Court – Call or write the Supreme Court, and call for visitor information.

Back to Top


Back to Top

Home, Community, and Work

  • Accessibility  – File a complaint about accessibility barriers at a building or facility.
  • Affordable Housing  – Contact Ginnie Mae about affordable housing.
  • Census  – Email the Census Bureau questions and comments about the Census.
  • Discriminatory Mortgage Lending  – File an official complaint, if you feel that you have been discriminated against based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability.
  • Employment and Training  – Find state contacts for unemployment, welfare-to-work, adult and Native American training programs, and more.
  • Employment Discrimination  – File an employment discrimination complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
  • Environmental Programs  – Email a question or comment to the Environmental Protection Agency.
  • Environmental Violations – Report Online  – Email a report of possible environmental violation to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
  • Health Benefits  – Employee Benefits Security Administration regional offices will inform you of your rights and help you claim your benefits.
  • Housing Counselors  – Talk to a federally-approved housing counselor about buying a home, renting, default, avoiding foreclosure, credit issues, or reverse mortgages.
  • Housing Discrimination Complaints  – Email, call or mail complaints about housing discrimination when renting or buying a home.
  • Land Sale Complaints  – If you believe you have been a victim of fraud and abuse when buying or leasing land from developers, you can file a complaint.
  • Librarians  – Chat with or email a government librarian
  • Mine Emergency Numbers - Notify Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) of a mine accident or emergency, report hazardous conditions and get general contact information. 
  • Mine Safety - Email your questions regarding regulations, inspections, data, policy, and other topics to Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). 
  • National Runaway Safeline to Call for Help  – Call 1-800-RUNAWAY if you are a teenager thinking of running from home, if you have a friend who has run and is looking for help, or if you are a runaway ready to go home.
  • Pension Benefits  – Employee Benefits Security Administration regional offices will inform you of your rights and help you claim your benefits.
  • Radon  – Call the hotline to learn about radon and indoor air quality in your home.
  • Veterans Employment and Training  –  Key contacts for grants and employment and training assistance for veterans.
  • Worker Issues  – Email or mail the Department of Labor.
  • Workplace Safety  – Email a complaint to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA).

Back to Top

Military and Veterans

  • Air Force Contacts – Check the Air Force's frequently asked questions, or email your question or comment to the U.S. Air Force. 
  • Army Contacts – Email your question or comment to the U.S. Army.
  • Coast Guard Contacts – View the U.S. Coast Guard's frequently asked questions, or send an email to the Coast Guard.
  • Department of Defense  – Browse the DoD's frequently asked questions or call the DoD Public Affairs Office for information.
  • Department of Veterans Affairs  – Email, call, fax or mail questions, comments or complaints.
  • Locate Service Members – Locate a current member of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • Marine Corps Contacts  – Email your question to the U.S. Marine Corps.
  • Military Health System – Email your question concerning Military Medical Facilities and TRICARE Management.
  • Navy Contacts – Find key contacts and an email form for the U.S. Navy.
  • Recruiting – Find web sites and phone numbers for recruiters for each branch of service.
  • TRICARE - Find key contacts and an email form for TRICARE, the Military's Health Care Insurance and Benefits program.
  • Troops  – Find a list of organizations to help you send letters and messages to troops. 
  • Veterans Employment and Training  –  Key contacts for grants and employment and training assistance for veterans.

Back to Top

Money and Business

  • Antitrust and Competition  – Email the Federal Trade Commission with a question or comment on an antitrust matter.
  • Antitrust Violations  – Email, call, or mail a report of a possible antitrust violation or potential anti-competitive activity, whether civil or criminal, to the Department of Justice.
  • Bank Complaints  – File a complaint about a bank or other financial institution with the Federal Reserve.
  • Bankruptcy Fraud  – Report suspected bankruptcy fraud to the U.S. Trustee Program of the Department of Justice.
  • Business and Electronic Commerce Practices  – Email complaints (stores, finance companies, auto dealers, mortgage companies, credit bureaus, spam email, etc.) to the Federal Trade Commission.
  • Charities  – Email complaints to the Federal Trade Commission.
  • Credit Union – Email or call with questions or comments, or report fraud to the National Credit Union Administration.
  • Deposit Insurance  – Email for assistance from the Federal Deposit Insurance Commission.
  • Economic and Humanitarian Assistance Activities Overseas  – Email, call or write comments or questions to the U.S. Agency for International Development.
  • File Paper Tax Return - Find out where to file your paper tax return - with or without a payment - with the IRS. 
  • Investors  – Email, fax or mail concerns and problems of individual investors to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
  • IRS (Internal Revenue Service) Reform  – Email an idea, issue or suggestion to the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel.
  • IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service  – The Taxpayer Advocate Service helps individuals and small businesses resolve problems with the IRS.
  • Patents and Trademarks  –  Email, call or mail questions about patents and trademarks.
  • Securities and Exchange Commission  – Contact the SEC's Office of Investor Education and Advocacy for individual assistance at
  • Statistics  – Contacts to assist with locating and using Bureau of Labor Statistics data, publications, and services.
  • Tax Help  – Email or call with comments and feedback.
  • Taxpayer Advocacy Panel Application  – Volunteer for this unique opportunity to influence how the IRS delivers services to the public by becoming a member of the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP).
  • Tax Refund Status  –  Check your federal tax refund status online.
  • Trade Barriers  – Call to receive assistance in resolving problems.
  • Workplace Safety  – Email a complaint to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA).

Back to Top

Travel and Transportation

Share This Page: Facebook Twitter Email

Back to Top

Last Updated: October 31, 2017

Do you need help?

Ask us any question about the U.S. government for free. We'll get you the answer or tell you where to find it.

What you think matters!