You are here:
Climate Change Research Grants
EPA’s Science to Achieve Results (STAR) program funds climate change research grants to improve knowledge of the health and environment effects of climate change, and provide sustainable solutions for communities to effectively manage and reduce the impacts of a changing climate.
EPA’s STAR program supports research focusing on a few important aspects of how climate change affects air, water, the environment and human health:
- Investigating the impact of climate change on air pollution gases and particles, water quality and ecosystems
- Understanding the underlying factors contributing to changes air pollution and water quality
- Using modeling tools to better understand the impacts of extreme events on air and water quality as well as provide better modeling tools to predict air, water and ecosystem characteristics under a changing climate.
Recent Climate Change Research Grants:
These climate change research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past five years.
- Anthropogenic Influences on Organic Aerosol Formation and Regional Climate Implications
- Measurements and Modeling for Quantifying Air Quality and Climatic Impacts of Residential Biomass or Coal Combustion for Cooking, Heating, and Lighting
- Extreme Event Impacts on Air Quality and Water Quality with a Changing Global Climate
- Source Attribution of Radiative Forcing in Chemical Transport
For a complete listing of EPA Climate Change Research Grants: Climate Change Research Projects.
Recent Funding Opportunities:
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
- National Priorities: Systems-Based Strategies to Improve the Nation’s Ability to Plan and Respond to Water Scarcity and Drought Due to Climate Change
- Particulate Matter and Related Pollutants in a Changing World
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s National Center for Environmental Research listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv