The OAE operates a free Disability Golf Cart service, DisGo, for all members of the Stanford community. It is open to anyone with a disability or medical condition that makes it difficult to travel about campus. DisGo currently maintains two 4-seat golf carts and one wheelchair accessible cart.
DisGo is a courtesy transportation service; due to the high volume of ride requests, rides are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will try to accommodate the time that you have requested; however, we reserve the right to modify your time.
DisGo provides on-campus transportation to select parts of campus only. DisGo Cart rides are available starting the second week of every quarter. It does not operate during University observed holidays and breaks.
Days and Hours for the 2015-16 Academic Year
Monday - Friday from 8:15 am. to 5:10 pm.*
- Autumn Quarter: September 28 - December 11, 2015
- Winter Quarter: January 11 - March 18, 2016
- Spring Quarter: April 4 - June 8, 2016
DisGo does not operate during the Summer Quarter
- For alternative on-campus transportation, Stanford operates a free shuttle service. The Marguerite Shuttle traverses the campus Monday - Friday (except University holidays). All buses are wheelchair accessible and equipped with bike racks.
*DisGo does not operate during University observed holidays and breaks
Online requests must be made at least one business day in advance before 3 pm. You will receive a confirmation e-mail later that night by 9 pm.
DisGo Cart Service Agreement
- I understand that DisGo rides are not available until the second week of every quarter.
- If you do not request a ride by 3:00 PM one business day in advance, do not expect a ride the next day.
- If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail or phone call, your ride is not confirmed. To confirm, call 650-725-2484 (5-CHUG).
- If you need to make changes to an existing ride, call 650-725-2484 (5-CHUG). This must be done at least 60 minutes prior to your ride.
- Due to scheduling constraints, it is your responsibility to be outside and at the designated pick-up location at the designated time. The drivers are instructed to wait no more than two minutes past the pick-up time.
- If you are a no-showfor any ride, your remaining rides for that day will be canceled. To keep your remaining rides, you must call 650-725-2484 (5-CHUG) to confirm them.
- The Office of Accessible Education and DisGo reserve the right to refuse service.
To cancel rides, please call 650-725-2484 (5-CHUG) as soon as possible and leave a message.