Petition to Change Your PWR Section

The PWR Office accepts online petitions for section changes during several rounds before 6 a.m. on the third day of the quarter (See Dates and Deadlines).

We strongly advise careful consideration before you petition to change sections. Submitting a section petition automatically drops you from your current section. ExploreCourses, Simple Enroll, and Axess DO NOT reflect accurate enrollment numbers for sections, so do not attempt to petition into a section based on information you find there.

If you would like further advice about whether to petition to change your section, feel free to consult your Pre-Major Advisor or come visit the PWR Office in Sweet Hall to speak with the Associate Director or Student Services Specialist.

How to Petition to Change Your Section

  1. Log into the     PWR Course Assignment website
  2. Rank 7 new preferences. You must list exactly seven sections for your form to be accepted.  Note: You can go back to PWR Course Assignment website and change your preferences up until the deadline for the round (see Dates and Deadlines).
  3. After the round has closed, you will receive an email containing your new section assignment according to our Dates and Deadlines schedule.

Still Have Questions?

View Dates and Deadlines

Visit our FAQ page

Email us at