REC facility access for spouses

If you are the spouse or domestic partner of a Stanford faculty or staff member, and you would like to gain access to any of the recreational facilities at Stanford, you need to first obtain a Courtesy Card. (See Administrative Guide Memo: 2.4.3 Stanford Identification Cards for policies governing Courtesy Card eligibility.) Most applications and services, with the exception of the StanfordCardPlan, are also available to Courtesy Card holders.

To obtain your Courtesy Card, visit the Stanford Campus Card Office at Tresidder Union and bring your photo ID (driver’s license or passport), payment (see the ID Card Rates page), and proof of joint residence. Your Stanford spouse/domestic partner must accompany you when you apply, and must show their valid Stanford ID Card.