Welcome to the 44th Senate of the Academic Council.
Here you can review all the agendas, minutes, reports, and memorial resolutions for the 2011-12 year.
Rosemary Knight, Senate Chair
Rosemary Knight is the George L. Harrington Professor of Geophysics in the School of Earth Sciences. Educated at Queen's University in Ontario, Canada, and Stanford, she has been at Stanford since 2000 and also serves on the University Budget Group. From 2010 onwards she has been the chair of the United States Department of Energy's Earth Sciences Council. Her research interests include groundwater resources. She has served in the Senate for 6 years and 4 years on the Committee on Undergraduate Standards and Policy.
44th Steering Committee of the Senate
The Steering Committee (StC) of the Senate sets the Senate agenda, confers degrees for the Summer, Autumn and Winter quarters, and serves at Administrative Sessions of the StC to review undergraduate and graduate programs on behalf of the Senate. StC members are elected each year by the Senate. Joining Chair Knight are
- Professor Russell Berman, German Studies, vice chair
- Professor Blas Cabrera, Physics
- Professor Michele Elam, English
- Professor Elizabeth Hadly, Biology
- Professor Ray Levitt, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Professor Joseph Lipsick, Pathology
- Professor Tom Wasow, Linguistics
- Provost John Etchemendy, ex officio
- Academic Secretary Rex Jamison, ex officio
Annual Academic Council Meeting
President Hennessy convenes the Academic Council Faculty annually to deliver a state of the university address. The Senate Chair reports on the highlights of the Senate.
No Anuual Academic Council Meeting for 2011-12
Information on parlimentary procedures, Senate charter and history of the Senate.