To Do Items in Axess
Check your Axess account to see if any items associated with Graduate Admissions are in your To Do List.
Completion Deadline: All Graduate Admissions To Do items must be completed no later than the first day of your first term. Enrollment beyond your first admitted quarter will not be permitted until all to-do items have been completed.
Review the information below for additional details on how to complete items that may be listed in your To Do list.
Graduate Admissions, Office of the University Registrar requires official transcripts from each institution where you earned a degree.
A final official transcript must contain the following information:
- Original hard copy or certified electronic e-transcript
- Completion of coursework required for the degree
- Degree earned and date the degree was conferred
- Official stamp, seal, and/or embossed marking from the school
- Official translation to English if applicable
Faxes, photocopies or scans of official documents are not accepted.
Note: Do not order your final undergraduate transcript prior to the award of that degree.
Paper Submission Instructions
- Documents must bear the institution's stamp or seal and arrive in a sealed envelope.
- Documents should be mailed directly to Graduate Admissions, Office of the University Registrar at the address below:
Office of the University Registrar
482 Galvez Mall, Suite 120
Stanford, CA 94305-6032
Electronic Transcript Submission
- Stanford accepts electronic transcripts that are digitally signed and certified by the institution. If your institution offers this service, transcripts should be sent from the institution to Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students that have attended an institution(s) in China are encouraged to submit CHESICC verified credentials electronically. To initiate a request, go to your ApplyWeb Activity page. This service is not available to students in the Graduate School of Business, Law School and School of Medicine MD programs.
Stanford requires academic credentials directly from the issuing institution. If you attended one of the few institutions that issues only one official document and only to the student, then please submit a HelpSU ticket to request an appointment with Graduate Admissions for verification of the credential.
GRE and TOEFL Scores
Scores from the GRE General Exam and the TOEFL Exam must be received electronically from ETS. If the To Do item indicates that your official ETS scores have not been received, contact ETS and request for your score to be sent to institution code 4704 (department code not required).
English Placement Exam
This test may be a required condition of admission for students whose native language is not English. If the “to do” item requires the English Placement Exam upon arrival, please see the English for Foreign Students (EFS) website for details. If you have additional questions, please contact the EFS Office .
Due to the high volume of documentation received during this time we will not be able to confirm receipt of submitted documents or test scores. If you have submitted materials to complete your “to do” item(s), please allow approximately 3-4 weeks for review and completion of your “to do” item in your student Axess account. We will contact you by email if we have questions regarding submitted documents. If after 4 weeks your “To Do” item has not been removed, please send a HelpSU ticket and your inquiry will be routed to the Graduate Admissions Office. In the Request description field, please note “Conditions of Admission” along with your request.