Single Graduate Summer Eligibility and Guarantee
Graduate students or undergraduate students 25 years of age or older attending Stanford without a spouse, partner, or children are eligible for Single Graduate Housing.
Co-term students can only apply for graduate student housing in Axess. Co-term students wishing to live in undergraduate housing for the summer should submit a HelpSU ticket to request that Housing Assignments create an undergraduate housing summer application which can then be edited by the student to reflect contract date and residence choice requests.
Stanford Matriculated Graduate Student Eligibility
- Current Stanford students with academic year student housing contracts (ending in June) need to apply for summer housing if they are planning to stay for summer quarter. The end date of your contract can be found in Axess.
- Incoming graduate students can apply for a summer contract the quarter before they become enrolled. They will not, however, have access to University facilities such as gyms, libraries, etc. until they are enrolled. The latest summer move-in date through the Continuous Assignments process is July 24, 2015.
- Students with academic year student housing contracts (ending in June) who graduate in June can apply for student housing to stay for an 8 week summer contract (ending August 16, 2015) or for the Bar Review contract if graduating from Law School (ending August 3, 2015).
- Students enrolled for the summer have priority for housing.
Enrolled Summer Visitor Eligibility
- Students enrolled for the Summer Quarter in Stanford classes on the main campus, with official student status.
- Graduate students enrolling only for the Summer Quarter may apply for on campus summer housing with a contact length that matches the length of the courses being taken.
Stanford Postdoctoral Scholar Eligibility
- Postdoctoral scholars who will be enrolled for the summer term and are housing-eligible can apply to stay for an eight week contract, ending on August 16, 2015.
Single Graduate Summer Housing Guarantee
- Only single students can be guaranteed summer housing
- Guarantee is to have been offered an assignment by the end of the first week of classes
- Guarantee is not to a specific residence
Single graduate students are guaranteed housing if they apply by the first-round deadline and indicate on their applications that they are willing to live in any residence for which they are eligible. Students who apply after this date will be considered for assignment in the order their applications are received, with priority given to enrolled students.