Skip to content Skip to navigation

Updating and Changing GNR Notation

Once a grading deadline has past, the Registrar's Office will assign a 'GNR' (Grade Not Reported) notation to all blank grades. The temporary grading notation 'GNR' may be updated to a permanent grade using the Request Grade Change feature in Axess.

Note: The Request Grade Change button is only available for one year after the term in which the class was taught. After one year, you must file a grade change card at the University Registrar's Office to update a 'GNR' notation.

Step 1: Open a roster and click Request Grade Change

Open a grade roster, then click on the Request Grade Change link (see illustration below).

screesnhot for changing a GNR grade 01

Step 2: Update/change GNR notation

Choose a new grade from the drop-down list next to the student's name. You may change one or multiple GNR notations at one time.

Because you are updating a temporary notation (GNR), the list of reasons will not appear as you do not need to give a reason.

screesnhot for changing a GNR grade step 02

Step 3: Submit changes

Click Submit button to send your changes to the University Registrar's Office. If you change your mind before submitting, click on the Return to Grade Roster link to exit the page and cancel the transaction.

screesnhot for changing a GNR grade step 03