Commencement Processes and Deadlines
Commencement Dates & Deadlines
Saturday, February 27:
- Spring application to graduate available for students in Axess
- Undergraduate students must complete the Senior Survey in order to apply to graduate
Friday, April 8
- Deadline to file application to graduate for Spring Quarter 2015-16
- Applications received after April 8 are assessed a $50 fee. No further applications to graduate are accepted after 5:00 p.m. on June 1, 2016
Monday, April 11
- Start reviewing Final Recommending Lists for degree candidates. "Save" button available on PeopleSoft Final Recommending List.
Friday, April 15
- Final Study List Deadline: Last day to add and drop classes, or adjust units on variable unit classes. This is the last day for tuition reassessment for dropped courses or units
- Deadline for coterm undergraduate degree candidates to submit Coterm Course Approval form
- Deadline for undergraduate degree candidates to submit Major-Minor and Multiple Major Course Approval Forms (if applicable)
- Deadline for degree candidates to submit transfer credit and AP credit requests
Thursday, April 28 (8:30-9:30a.m.)
- Registrar's Commencement Roadshow (Time: 8:30-9:30a.m., Location: 260-113 (map))
- Distinction lists available for pickup at Roadshow
Friday, May 6 (5:00 p.m.):
- Deadline to submit Distinction Lists (with any additions) to the Office of the University Registrar
Tuesday, May 10
- Target date to resolve any missing grades for graduating students in prior quarters.
Friday, May 27
- Faculty/proxy grading opens. Encourage faculty to submit grades for graduating students as early as possible
Monday, May 30
- Deadline for Spring Quarter degree candidates to make ceremony (diploma distribution) changes in Axess.
Wednesday, June 1
- Deadline (12:00 noon) to submit Ph.D. dissertation, University thesis, or D.M.A. final project
- Late application to graduate deadline in Axess ($50 fee).
- Last day to submit Withdrawal of Application to Graduate (pdf)
Thursday, June 2
- Review Final Recommending Lists to view all students who have applied to graduate late or changed programs. "Submit" and "Route to Chair" button available in PeopleSoft Final Recommending List.
Monday, June 6 (2:00 p.m.):
- Deadline to submit Final Recommending Lists for PhD/DMA/ Medicine to the Office of the University Registrar
Thursday, June 9 (12:00 noon):
- Deadline for submission of grades for graduating students (Note: Real-time report for depts, with graduating students' status and grades is available in PeopleSoft: Records and Enrollment>Graduation>STF Clear for Graduation.)
Thursday, June 9 (2:00p.m.):
- Deadline to submit Final Recommending Lists for Masters/Engineer/Undergraduates/Law to the Office of the University Registrar
Friday, June 10 (2:00-4:00p.m.):
- Diploma pickup for schools/departments location TBD.
- For any issues please visit the Registrar's Office, located at the Galvez Modular.
Friday, June 10 (4:00-6:00p.m.):
- Registrar’s Office representative will be available to troubleshoot department diploma issues.
Sunday, June 12 (1:00p.m. - 3:00p.m.):
- Commencement. Students can pick up diplomas at the Student Services Center if they have selected the “Pick Up” diploma distribution option
Registrar Office Staff Contacts
General degree progress questions:
Graduate or advanced degree progress questions:
Coterm or undergraduate degree progress questions:
General records questions:
Graduation Almanac 2016
Helpful information and resources for Commencement