- Encourage faculty to submit grades for graduating students as early as possible.
- Submit grade change cards to the Office of the University Registrar for missing grades (or "GNR"grades) prior to Spring Quarter 2013-14.
- Review records for continuing courses (graded 'N') that are not in progress during Spring Quarter 2014-15; submit grade cards for the student's terminal quarter of enrollment in the course (if terminal quarter was prior to Spring Quarter 2013-14) or have instructors issue final grade in Axess (if terminal quarter was Spring Quarter 2013-14 or later).
- Students who have applied to graduate in Spring Quarter are displayed in RED with an asterisk on Spring and prior rosters.
- Faculty and proxies may submit partial grade rosters to insure that graduating students' grades can be submitted first.
- Rosters are posted every 30 minutes during the week before Commencement.
- See the Registrar's Axess for Faculty web pages for faculty grading information and instructions.
Undergraduate Graduation Clearance Responsibilities
- Departmental course requirements for the major, secondary major and/or minor (if student is denied in one part of plan, such as major or minor, their entire application to graduate is denied by Registrar's office).
- Departmental-specific GPA and unit requirements.
- Other departmental-specific requirements.
- School of Engineering is responsible for school-level requirements.
- University GPA and University unit requirements*
- Major Minor Course Approval form* (if applicable)
- General Education Requirements*
- Language Requirement*
- Writing Requirement*
- Registration Status*
|* 'To Do' or Checklist items are placed on the student's Axess account if requirement is not complete
Graduate/Professional Graduation Clearance Responsibilities
- Departmental course requirements for the degree
- Departmental-specific GPA and unit requirements
- Competition of Graduate milestones:
- Master's program proposal
- Reading committee approval
- University orals
- Master's thesis, final projects or essays
- Other milestones such as Language Requirement, Teaching Requirement
- University GPA and residency unit requirements
- Competition of Dissertation (doctoral students)
- The Registrar's Office releases diplomas to departments to insert into diploma covers for all cleared students as of the Friday before Commencement
- A diploma should be given only to a student who has earned the degree.
- Diplomas that are not picked up on Commencement should be returned to the Registrar's Office promptly after the dept ceremony on Commencement Day
Diploma Covers: Diploma Covers will be available for department student services representatives to pickup, at the Bambi Modular (320 Panama Street), during the follow dates and times:
- Thursday, May 21 from 9:00am-11:00am
- Friday, May 29 from 9:00am-11:00am
- Prepares diplomas for all graduating students.
- Only diplomas of students who have met all graduation requirements are released to departments.
- Works with students to clear as many diploma holds (Student Financial Services, Residential and Dining Enterprises, University Libraries, etc.) as possible.
- Provides departments with specific paper inserts in lieu of diplomas for problems such as misspelled names, diploma holds, applied to graduate too late, etc.
Student Services Center:
- On Commencement Sunday, from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m., students can pickup diplomas at the Student Services Center if they have selected the 'Pick-Up' diploma distribution option (Tresidder Union, 2nd Floor).
- Students can pick up diplomas at Student Services Center on ongoing basis if they select 'Pick-Up' diploma distribution option.
Commencement Walkthrough Responsibilities
- Departments determine who may 'walk through' their Commencement ceremony
- Walkthrough forms have been distributed to departments. The forms list the criteria that must be met to be eligible to walk through graduation
- Walkthroughs are not recorded in PeopleSoft
- Departments request from the Registrar's Office the number of blank diploma covers that are needed for walkthroughs when they pick up diplomas
Student Services Center Reminders
Diploma Holds - Bills and Financial Aid:
- Be sure to remind graduating students that all balances must be paid on their University Bill prior to graduation to avoid diploma holds.
- Departments must approve any financial aid for students prior to May 14 to avoid diploma holds.