The Service Design Team works to create seamless customer experience and business process across all of University IT services. Our mission is to deliver value to Stanford through designing excellent customer experiences, simplifying and guiding development of internal processes, promoting service quality, and building community through collaboration and co-creation.
What is a service designer?
The primary difference between a service designer and a service manager is that the service manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the service, whereas a service designer partners with service managers to design and develop new services, and improve existing services.
What does the Service Design Team do?
The Service Design Team works collaboratively with service managers to identify opportunities for service improvements, incubate new service concepts, and help launch new services into production.
We will partner with you and your team to help:
- Develop a strong value proposition for new service concepts
- Define clear client requirements
- Prototype new or improved service concepts
- Test and validate service concepts
- Make sure your service is production ready
- Drive targeted service improvement efforts for service issues and enhancements
- Support you through the lifecycle of your service
What to expect
In our first meeting with you, we will want to understand:
- Is this a new service or an existing service you are trying to improve?
- What is prompting your request for service design?
- What is your goal, what are you trying to achieve?
- What is the current state of your service?
- Are your clients happy with your service?
- Are there any upcoming technological changes, or major improvements you are planning?
Based on your service goal we will work with you to develop a plan for partnership.
Get in touch
The Service Design Team is working hard to balance priorities across all of University IT. The team will review your request and follow up with you to get additional information.
To contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay updated on Service Design Team efforts, join our announcements mailing list.