October 26, 2014
New Memo Field Added to Remedy
October 19, 2014
New Survey Automation Added To Remedy
- Any Support Group Lead (SGL) in Remedy can turn on client satisfaction surveys for any groups for which they are an SGL.
- The responses are automatically sent to the Service Group Manager in real time (previously a time-consuming manual task).
- The survey can be set to trigger on each Resolved ticket in a queue (1=every resolved ticket, 2=every other ticket, 10=every 10th ticket).
- Initially, the ability to complete a survey will only be available to SUNet ID holders, but an unauthenticated form will be coming out soon.
- All data will be held in Remedy, along with ticket data, for the standard time periods (including 4 years in the Archive).
August 7, 2014
Effective Thursday, August 7, 2014, Remedy users are able to modify their Default Home Page preference in Remedy.
The global default is set to show Overview Console tickets that are "Assigned To All My Groups." There is now a link to Application Preferences from the Functions sidebar where you can change your Default Home Page. In the example below, the default home page preference was changed to show Overview Console tickets that are "Assigned To Me."
Click Application Preferences to display the dialog box where you can modify your Default Home Page preference.
You can modify your preference to one of the following:
|Default Home Page
|Overview Console 1
|IT Home Page 2
|Change Management Console
|Incident Management Console 3
|1 The Overview Console is the best choice if you need to view Incidents and/or Change Requests and/or Tasks within a single console table view.
2 IT Home Page lets you select up to four content table displays within one page layout. You can save your individual IT Home Page layout preferences once it is configured.
3 Incident Management Console is great if you work only with Incident records and want the ability to click through a table list of incidents and display in the same screen additional details about the ticket.
Another thing to note is that the Home icon at the top of the screen returns you to whatever default home page you chose per your Application Preference.
Following the August 7 change, if you continue to keep the Overview Console as your preference—either by selecting one of the many 'Show' values for Overview Console as your application preference, or by taking no action at all as it remains the system default—you will notice the Refresh button now consistently works for the Overview Console.
March 6, 2014
Our Remedy Refresh project is in its final stages.
This month we are putting the final touches on the new Remedy production environment. All data has been migrated.
Some of the things the upgrade will bring to us:
- Web-access only -- no more thick client
- A revised, cleaned-up user interface, with less tabs and more data on the main screen
- Web-enabled reporting, for both ad hoc and canned reports.
As a part of this project, we have been updating the HelpSU portals maintained by University IT (main HelpSU, GSB, R&DE, SHC, Benefits) and we are working with others (OOD, MedIRT and EH&S) to update their portals.
Our next step is training:
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 10:30-11:30 - Change Management Only Demo - WebEx (by invitation only)
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 3-4:30pm in Redwood Hall G19 - Remedy AR Sys - General Support Staff
- Friday, March 21, 2014 - 9-10:30 am in Redwood Hall G19 - Remedy AR Sys - General Support Staff
- Monday, March 24, 2014 - 2-3:30pm in Redwood Hall G19 - Remedy AR Sys - General Support Staff
Please let us know if you have any questions.
March 6, 2014
Watch this page for updates on the Remedy refresh project.