Can I get Credit for AP, IB, or Transfer Courses?

Students often approach advisors to find out whether they can get credit for work done prior to matriculation. This includes advanced placement exams, international baccalaureate programs, and coursework completed at previous institutions. While advisors can help students explore this topic, essentially this is a question for the Registrar’s Office which is the ultimate arbiter of issues related to transcripts and transfer credit.

Resources for getting credit

Follow the links below to understand how AP and IB credit is evaluated. The links to policies and procedures will show you the process for submitting other courses for transfer credit evaluation. 

The Registrar's Office assists students through the Student Services Center, so you can visit the SSC with your question, or file a HelpSU to reach the SSC electronically.

More about AP, IB, and Transfer Credit can be found here: