How to Feel as Bright and Capable as They Think You Are: Why Smart People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It. Have you ever had difficulty internalizing accomplishments, think the success you’ve achieved was a fluke/luck/good timing, or that you’ve done a good job of fooling people to believe you are more intelligent than you actually are? These thoughts may come with a nagging feeling in the back of your mind that eventually you will be found out, and everyone will know that you are the one who doesn’t belong. We have news for you: you most certainly DO belong and you are NOT a fraud. This session will help you learn how to combat the impostor syndrome and increase your confidence.
During this workshop you will learn*:
- How the Impostor Syndrome works
- Creative ways impostors explain away their success
- 7 perfectly good reasons why smart people feel like frauds
- How your personal competence rule book may be setting you up to fall short
- Procrastination, perfectionism and other unconscious coping strategies “impostors” use to avoid being found out and the price they pay for that protection
- 5 important reasons why women are both more susceptible to and held back by impostor feelings
- Practical steps to help you interrupt the Impostor Syndrome and end needless self-doubt.
* From Dr. Young's website
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Valerie Young
Registration Deadline: Friday, Nov. 6, 2015
Registration is closed.