Stanford Ignite is a certificate program that teaches innovators how to formulate, develop, and commercialize their ideas. Participants will learn core business skills and experience working on a team to develop a business plan around a new product or service for an existing organization or a new venture.
Stanford Ignite classes are taught by the same Graduate School of Business faculty who teach in our MBA program. Prominent executives and corporate, venture, and angel investors participate as guest speakers, expert panelists and business mentors to provide candid feedback on team projects.
This program is intended for individuals who do not have graduate business training (e.g., an MBA). To increase the interdisciplinary nature of the program, graduate students and postdoctoral scholars from any discipline are encouraged to apply, particularly students in the Humanities & Sciences.
Stanford Ignite will give participants exposure to:
- Core business skills such as marketing, operations, strategy, accounting, finance, and economics.
- Applied skills such as negotiation, teamwork, public speaking, leadership and pitching ideas.
- Approaches to product design and prototyping.
- Working in a team to develop a plan for commercializing a new product or service for an existing organization or a new venture.
- Prominent executives and corporate, venture, and angel investors who participate as guest speakers, expert panelists and business mentors providing candid feedback throughout the venture building process.
Tuition for current Stanford graduate students and postdoctoral scholars who attend the full-time summer program is heavily subsidized by the VPGE office, as part of our Stanford Graduate Summer Institute (SGSI). For applicants with limited funds, additional financial aid for the balance of the tuition may be available through the Graduate School of Business.