Skip to content Skip to navigation

Current Graduate Students

Students wishing to continue at Stanford after receiving an MS degree must be approved for further study by their final master's quarter. (This includes approval for the Engineer's degree or the PhD in Aero/Astro, or for a degree in another department.)

To continue enrollment, a Graduate Program Authorization form must be filed on Axess. Come to the Aero/Astro Student Services Office for information. Those who leave Stanford before their degree is conferred (for employment or for study at another institution) and then wish to return for further degree work should request a reinstatement application for review by the department's admissions committee.

International students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. should be prepared to verify their funding for the new degree as part of the Graduate Program Authorization procedure. Appropriate forms are available from the Bechtel International Center. Support from research assistantships can be verified by the professor providing support; for personal funding or other support, inquire at the Bechtel International Center about the proper source for verification.

Current Stanford graduate students in other departments

You may apply for admission to any of our degree programs, either for an additional degree or to transfer from your current department. Doctoral students may also elect a PhD minor in Aero/Astro (and Aero/Astro PhD students may minor in other fields). For information and the relevant forms, please come to the Aero/Astro Student Services Office.