Scholar & Employee Information

Working with the I-Center

The sponsoring department or unit should be the primary point of contact at Stanford. Departments are responsible for requesting immigration documents from the I-Center. Once the I-Center has issued the required documents, we will notify the department.

The department or host unit determines the prospective scholar's affiliation or title, how long the affiliation will last, how they will be funded during this time (especially if the scholar will not be receiving money from Stanford), and whether they will be bringing family members.

Depending upon the nature of the affiliation and, in some cases, the country of origin, there are a few different visa types that scholars can use to come to Stanford.

General information about visas for scholars and employees

Attention Departmental Administrators– New U.S. government Export Control requirements for H-1B visa and O visa applications are in effect from February 20, 2011. Click here for information.

Applying for visa documents for scholars

Applying for visa documents for employees

© Stanford University. All Rights Reserved. Stanford, CA 94305. (650) 723-2300. Terms of Use | Copyright Complaints | Report web accessibility issue