|What to do?
|How to do it?
- Learn about Stanford University's PPE Program.
|Read the PPE Quick Guide.
- If your personnel work with hazardous materials or engage in operations that pose physical hazards, conduct a PPE assessment for your work area(s).
|Complete the appropriate PPE Assessment Tool:
- Train personnel on PPE requirements based on your completed PPE assessment.
|Refer to the PPE Training Guidance.
- Ensure provision and maintenance of required PPE for your work area.
|See where to Acquire PPE
- As new hazards are introduced into your work area, update your PPE assessment and provide retraining as outlined in the PPE Program.
|Update the PPE Assessment Tool above.
- Know what PPE is required for your work operations.
|Ask your Supervisor or PI/Lab Supervisor if any of your work operations require PPE. Attend site-specific PPE training provided by your Supervisor or PI/Lab Supervisor for your work area.
- Inspect, wear, clean, store, and dispose of PPE properly. Report any defects or malfunctions immediately to supervisor.
|Communicate with your Supervisor or PI/Lab Supervisor, if you have questions or problems related to PPE.
For assistance with determining PPE needs or site-specific training, contact EH&S at (650) 723-0448.